- 1-2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Clove of Garlic, peeled and minced
- 1-2 tsp Ginger Spice (this adds some kick so if you prefer less spicy, I would suggest using less)
- 1 Freshly Squeezed Lime
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Light Golden Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Red Pepper Flakes (this adds a lot of kick so if you prefer less spicy, I would suggest using less)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Head of Broccoli, Broken/Cut into smaller florets and then lightly steamed
- 1 Sweet Potato, cut julienne style and then lightly steamed
- 1 Bag of Pre-Washed Organic Green Beans
- Dash of Garlic Salt
- Sprinkle of Chopped Peanuts
- 2 Servings of Brown Rice (Optional)
If you haven’t already pre-steamed the sweet potato and broccoli, start now. Sweet potato usually needs more time then the broccoli.
In a skillet, start coconut oil with minced Garlic. While this is cooking, in a separate bowl, start your saucy mixture by combining Ginger, Lime Juice, Peanut Butter, Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, and Red Pepper. Mix all together fully and then slowly add water while mixing. It should end up super runny, but this is okay.
Now, add the green beans, sweet potato, and broccoli and cook for a minute or two on a higher medium heat so that everything begins to brown a bit. Then turn down heat to a somewhere between low and medium and pour saucy mixture over the veggies. Mix throughout. Cover for a minute and then return and mix again, topping with peanuts and garlic salt. Cook for another few minutes.
This was the point my hubby decided he wanted some brown rice too so we made some of the quick brown rice, which took about ten minutes longer than I expected cooking dinner to take, but what can you do. The man has a mind of his own. Haha. He put his mixture of veggies on a bed of rice. This part is optional. I opted out of the rice and it was still so DELICIOUS. Though he did say the rice helped with the spice.
Remove your veggie mixture from heat. Plate & Serve & Enjoy!